Monday, June 30, 2008

Dr. Camille Bentley ~ DoCare International





Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:08 PM

To: "Dr. Camille Bentley" , drczb@aol.com
Cc: markmuncey
DRA. Camille Bentley - RVU DOCARE
Rocky Vista University.org
cbentley@rockyvistauniversity.org
drczb@aol.com (home)

Docare International.org

Hello Dr. Camille Bentley!

So good to meet you and your group of students at the Hotel Playa Linda this trip! Hope you come back again SOON. I am so impressed with your medical program helping the indigenous in the villages around Lake Atitlan, and hope I can help in any way I can.

I'm working on a website for Georgina at the Hotel Playa Linda [where your group often stays], and would love to feature your group, with their emailed experiences and photos if you like. At one point I hope to create a blog where people can post themselves. In the meantime, send anything you want. We can note that you are always welcome to donations for medical supplies or more physician volunteers. The work you are all doing is just wonderful, and so needed. Can't wait for you to return!

Yours, Catherine Todd

---

Mark Muncey Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 5:18 PM

To: Catherine Todd

I got your e-mail, Catherine. What a treat to meet you!!
I got home yesterday, unpacked, did laundry and went up to the mountains, today, for a picnic lunch.
It's always good to get home.
Keep in touch!
Mark

Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:05 AM
To: Mark Muncey

"I got home yesterday, unpacked, did laundry and went up to the mountains, today, for a picnic lunch. It's always good to get home."

What a nice homecoming you must have had, and it's great to hear back from you, too! Send me any experiences or photos you want for the blog I hope to get going about "good works around Lake Atitlan." I am just thrilled that Dr. Camille brings these groups through her organization DoCare, and accomplishes so much. I am so impressed that you have joined her group and are getting your medical degree as a second career. It's really admirable.

Let me know when you are coming back. I'm back to NC in the states Aug and Sept. probably, but here the rest of the year, I believe. Here's a photo of the volcano view from my balcony window on Calle de los Tigres.

Yours, Catherine Todd

--
Catherine Todd
3007 Bent Tree Dr. Oxford NC 27565
H 919.693.0853 U.S. cell 919.605.0727,
Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala cell (dial 011 from the U.S.) 502.5013.6300 or 4198.7184 (new 6-08)

For 2008:

"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need do is set our sails."
~ Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa ~ Gospel of Ramakrishna


"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
— R. Buckminster Fuller, *Critical Path*

Words to live by: "Best of all is to preserve everything in a pure, still heart, and let there be for every pulse a thanksgiving, and for every breath a song." ~ Konrad von Gesner

Lake Atitlan Volcano Calle de los Tigres.jpg

No comments: