Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Letter from Guatemala 2006

Catherine Todd Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 8:55 PM

Dear Sara,

Can't wait to navigate my way to finding a box and the post office to send your fabric and photos; bought some more silk embroidered fabrics and pillows and large bag etc. today that were more expensive (for me, and my house, wherever that may end up being), but will send photos. The fabrics here are blindingly beautiful; each one more beautiful than the last. It's as if I'm holding Alladin's lamps as the shopkeepers keep unfurling one beautiful jewel-toned gem of fabric after another. If I were rich, surely my house would be one of the most beautiful in the world.

--
"To enter heaven, one must take it with them."

"Though the human body is born complete in one moment, the birth of the human heart is an ongoing process." ~ John O'Donohue, "Anam Cara"

No comments: